Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle
The Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle is a bold move from Remington in a few ways. The first being the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge caliber. Many felt that Remington would never offer 6.5CM because it is too similar to .260 Remington. Fortunately that theory was incorrect. Remington wisely sees the writing on the wall and recognizes that 6.5 Creedmoor is not a passing fad and is poised to be a game changer in long range accuracy and power. Remington also recognizes there’s money to be made in a modern Remington Model 700 Rifle.
Read Also : Remington Ultimate Sheep Rifle Build
Remington Model 700 Magpul Hunter Stock
The next bold move is the offering of a factory rifle that features the Magpul Hunter modular chassis. First off traditional hunters may not recognize or be familiar with Magpul but AR-15, AR-10 and 308 AR shooters are. Magpul is a staple brand offering some of the best magazines and stocks in the business. Magpul is a breath of fresh air to the bolt action rifle. The Magpul hunter stock is like a bolt action rifle version of the Magpul PRS AR stock. This is a good thing and it’s a big step away from standard Bell & Carlson synthetic rifle stocks offered by Remington for decades.
The adoption of the Magpul stock brings with it the ability for a Remington 700 factory rifle to use Accuracy International “AICS” type magazines. These are the standard among most sniper rifles and rifle chassis. Magpul AICS magazines are very inexpensive.
Why is the Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle Special
The 6.5 Creedmoor is a Hornady designed modern cartridge that was designed from the ground up as a competition cartridge. The caliber has a history of winning competitions. The long and slender design of the bullet provides greater accuracy down range and is flatter shooting than the .308 Winchester. In fact the US Military is studying the 6.5 Creedmoor as a replacement for the .308 Winchester in some applications. The 6.5 Creedmoor is ballistically superior to the .308 Winchester. This translates to a better hit probability at ranges exceeding 700 yards. The .308 is more powerful down range but the more accurate 6.5mm bullet increases the odds of actually hitting the target. Obviously as closer ranges both calibers are very accurate.
Remington 700 5R barrel is the same barrel that is used on the Remington Police and Military sniper rifles and similar. This is not an entry level economy barrel.
Note: Inevitably these types of posts turn into pissing contests and emotionally biased arguments. Here’s a few facts. .308 Winchester ammunition can be found cheaper. At this time given the intended use 6.5 Creedmoor ammo is only available in the premium lines from ammunition manufacturers. The same ammo in .308 is about the same price. 6.5CM does not have the advantage of being a NATO/Military round so there’s no bulk ammo pricing. Despite folks saying ammo availability for 6.5CM is limited that is simply not true. It’s available at the chain stores and most real gun shops. It lacks the shelf space in mom and pop gas stations. Hardly a deal breaker for most. The Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle may not appeal to all hunters and shooters but those who understand it’s purpose and abilities will be pleased.
Essentially the Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor rifle is a low recoil long range superbly accurate sniper rifle for hunters at slightly higher cost than a standard Remington Model 700.
Remington Proudly Introduces Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor
Remington rifles built on the Model 700 action have made their mark from the front lines of combat to the firing lines of local shooting ranges. Adding to that reputation of tactical superiority in 2017, Remington proudly introduces the Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor.
Remington Model 700 Magpul 6.5 Creedmoor Features:
- Carbon steel barreled action with tactical bolt handle Metal finished in black Cerakote
- 22″ Heavy Free-floated barrel with 5-R rifling
- Threaded muzzle with thread protector
- X-Mark Pro Externally Adjustable Trigger Breaks like glass, has virtually zero creep and offers a level shot control unmatched by any factory trigger today.
- Magpul Hunter stock with aluminum bedding block Designed to fit any shooter thanks to an adjustable length-of-pull kit and three comb-height inserts.
Remington 700 Magpul Hunter Stock Specifications
Remington 700 Magpul Hunter Stock: Made in the USA from reinforced polymer and an anodized aluminum bedding block, the Magpul Remington 700 Hunter Stock offers users a cost effective replacement featuring fully adjustable length of pull, comb height, and enhanced ergonomics. Compatible with Remington 700 Short Actions, this stock requires no bedding and is a true “drop-in” solution for the end user*. This stock is also M-LOK® compatible to accept a broad range of accessories.
Also available is a Bolt Action Magazine Well, which allows the rifle to be used with detachable box magazines without the need for custom inletting.
Remington 700 Magpul Hunter Stock Features
- Compatible with standard Remington 700 pattern short actions with stock Remington hinged floorplates*
- Easily upgradeable to removable AICS-spec magazines (5.56×45 or 7.62×51 pattern) with the affordable Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well
- Reinforced polymer shell with Type III hard anodized, machine finished, A380 cast aluminum V-bedding block
- Accepts ALL factory Remington barrels including VTR triangular barrel contours
- Compatible with aftermarket barrel profiles up to a Medium Palma (0.920″ dia. 5.50″ forward of the breech)
- Tapered Beam design provides good rigidity through forend and will free-float compatible barrels
- 60 degree grip angle from bore axis
- Adjustable LOP from 13.0”-15.0” with included 0.50” Spacers
- Rubber recoil butt-pad included and optional OEM Butt-Pad Adapter available for use with aftermarket pads
- Optional High Cheek Riser Kit with 0.50″ and 0.75″ Risers to adjust cheek weld (Stock comes pre-fitted with 0.25″ Riser)
- Accepts most factory and aftermarket triggers
- M-LOK slots on forend sides and bottom for a wide variety of accessory and sling mounting options
- Three dimpled drill points to install optional standard swivel studs (#10-32 x 3/8” long dome stud)
- Push-button QD swivel compatibility in rear with optional Sling Mount Kits
- Left and Right rear 1-1/4” Footman’s Loops
*NOTE: Fits right-hand receivers only.
All blind floor plate ADL models will require current factory Remington hinged bottom metal or the optional Magpul Bolt Action Magazine Well. Not compatible with Remington 700 DM models with their proprietary detachable box magazines.
Since factory action mounting screws can come in a variety of lengths, grinding to length or utilizing longer replacements may be necessary to optimize fit with the Hunter 700.