Winchester XPC Chassis Rifle
The Winchester XPC Rifle is a welcome addition to ever growing list of factory equipped chassis based bolt action rifles. On paper and in pictures the XPC seems to be well thought out and designed. It will be interesting to see if the XPC can make a showing against the monstrously successful and out of stock Ruger Precision Rifle.
The New XPC Chassis Rifle from Winchester Repeating Arms — The hottest thing in bolt-action rifles today is the long-range precision rig that’s suitable for punching paper, ringing steel or hammering coyotes and feral hogs over in the next zip code. A brand new introduction from Winchester Repeating Arms at the 2017 SHOT Show is the XPC Chassis Rifle, a full-house precision chassis rifle based on the well proven Winchester XPR action. Let’s take a closer look.
At the heart of the Winchester XPC Rifle is the rigid XPR receiver that’s machined from a hefty chunk of chromoly barstock. The three massive front locking lugs create a quick cycling 60-degree bolt lift that’s smooth, slick and provides plenty of hand clearance for today’s larger target scopes. The ejection port is generously sized for easy loading of single cartridges and recovery of fired brass, making it the ideal rifle for high volume shooters who prefer to reload. The top of the receiver is drilled and taped for robust 8-40 mounting screws and it comes fitted with a MIL-STD M1913 optics mounting rail with a full 20 MOA built in to give your scope more usable elevation adjustment at longer ranges.
The large diameter steel bolt adds to the rifle’s already impressive accuracy potential. The bolt body is coated with Nickel Teflon for smoother operation and added corrosion resistance. The bolt can be field stripped in just seconds without using tools. The extended bolt handle features a large cone-shaped knob for added leverage and more positive operation, even when wearing gloves.
The heart of rifle accuracy starts in the barrel. The XPC’s ultra rigid barrel is a button-rifled, free floating chromoly unit that’s .75” in diameter at the muzzle so there’s plenty of mass to absorb the heat of sustained firing.
Winchester XPC Chassis Rifle Details
- RECEIVER – Steel; Permacote black finish; Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- BARREL – Permacote black finish; Button rifled; Free-floating; Target crown; 5/8”x24 threading for suppressor or muzzle brake; .750” barrel diameter at thread shoulder
- ACTION – Bolt-action; M.O.A. Trigger System; Two-position thumb safety; Bolt unlock button
- STOCK – Cerakote fully machined alloy chassis frame; NEW MagPul PRS Gen III fully adjustable butt stock on A2 buffer tube
- FEATURES – 20 MOA scope rail; New extended two piece bolt handle; Full length picatinny rail for mounting optics; M lock on forearm and butt stock for attaching accessories; QD mounts on butt stock; MagPul MOE-K grip; Includes one 10 round MagPul P-MAG AICS magazine, and one 5 round MDT metal magazine
MSRP — $1,599. 308, 243 Win and 6.5 Creedmoor. Visit Winchester Repeating Arms