MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System Inbound – As mentioned previously the first project at modularrfle.com is the “MDT TAC21 20 inch Suppressed Modular Rifle” project. We already have the Remington Model 700 SPS Tactical AAC-S on hand on now I am happy to report that the MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System is inbound! Don’t be put off by the Brownells backorder status. I spoke with the fine folks at Modular Driven Technologies and they have tripled their production output on the MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System.
MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System Details
The MDT TAC21™ chassis system a combination of benchrest accuracy, superior ergonomics and specialized design. This chassis brings the bolt action rifles to the next level in versatility and modularity, with an instant improvement in accuracy.
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum, which has been hard anodized to mil spec type III for extra strenth, and has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE).
TAC21™ chassis is engineered to minimize warping and distortion. The rifle receiver only makes contact with the TAC21™ chassis on the V shape bedding and recoil lug area insuring the best accuracy and repeatability. The generous clearance on the fore-end makes any barrel (diameter up to the receiver size – 1.350”), free floating.
Inherently the TAC21™ has a straightline design, meaning that the recoil comes straight back instead of making the front of the rifle kick upwards. This results in more accurate and quicker follow up shots. This also translates to a decrease in felt recoil and comfort.
MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System Compatibility
The TAC21™ chassis system is currently manufactured for the following bolt action rifle platforms:
- Remington 700 Short Action (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Remington 700 Long Action (.300WM, .338LM, 7mm, 30.06)
- Savage Short Action, Models 10, 11, 12 and 16 (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Savage Long Action, Models 110, 111, 112 and 116 (.300WM and .338LM)
- Tikka T3 – Short Calibers (.223 and .308 bolt faces)
- Tikka T3 – Long Calibers (.300WM, 6.5×55, 7mm, 30.06). Requires MDT 3.560 Magazine.
MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System Mounting and Compatible Accessories
The TAC21™ chassis is designed to accept any AR-15 butt-stock and pistol grip (purchased seperately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The TAC21™ chassis uses external box style magazines in .223 and .308 caliber for Short Action and .300WM or .338LM magazines for Long Action rifles, and supports installation of bolt on MIL-STN-1913 accessory mounting rails on the fore-end and side of the action housing. Mounting holes are spaced for Magpul style L5 (11 slots) and L3 (7 slots) rails (1.600” / 3.200”).
With a top full length MIL-STN-1913 accessories mounting rail. The built-in mounting rail has 20 MOA (Minutes of Angle) on the action housing and is parallel to the barrel axis on the fore-end.
Note: Long action magazines come in 3 different lengths: 3.715″, 3.775″ an 8.050″. Our chassis use 3.715 magazines. If you purchased the Remington 700 Tactical Chassis Rifle, the magazine well is 3.775.
MDT TAC 21 Remington 700 Chassis System Specifications
- Increases accuracy by up to 28%
- Construction aluminum hard anodized to mil spec type III
- Cerakote Finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- 20 MOA built in top rail
- Hole spacing for Magpul L5(11slot) and L3(7slot)Rails
- Lightweight, free-floating modular fore-end
- Will accommodate barrels as thick as the action
- Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06, 338LM (LA). (Long Action Magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 3lb – 3.6lb
What you get, and what you need
The TAC21 chassis system comes as a 4-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws, and a screw for the pistol grip.
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock or our Skeleton Rifle Stock.
- A buffer tube for your buttstock. (Both milspec and commercial work on our chassis)
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip
- At least one magazine