Zel Custom 50 BMG T2 AR15 Upper Receiver – In keeping with the theme of this site there is probably no more “Modular Rifle” than an AR15 so It seems fitting to include the category of Bolt Action Upper Receivers here.
Zel Custom 50 BMG T2 AR15 Upper Receiver “Tactilite”
The Tactilite T2 is the premier magazine-fed upper. We achieve superior accuracy and durability by machining our receiver from hardened 4140 steel billet as a single, fully-integrated unit. Our barrels are center-turned and trued. The mag-well can be easily removed for convenient left-handed side loading and features an ergonomically designed spring-loaded release tab. The 7075 billet handguard is a unique hybrid quad/smooth design, that offers the combined benefits of a quad-rail and a smooth handguard. The Tactilite has a base finish of black nitride and a final finish of black CeraKote for a better looking and more durable finish.
The Tactilite T2 is available in three barrel configurations:
- Ultralite Barrel – chromoly barrel manufactured by Mossberg in Mexico
- Duty Barrel – chromoly barrel manufactured by Criterion in Wisconsin, USA
- Match Barrel – stainless steel match barrel by Lilja in Montana, USA
Zel Custom 50 BMG T2 AR15 Upper Receiver Features
- Receiver machined as a single piece from hardened steel billet – No welds!
- Integral 1913 scope rail and lugs, for greater accuracy and durability
- Free floating, fluted, bull barrel
- Barrels available in choice of make and length
- Hybrid smooth/quad-rail 7075 aluminum billet handguard
- Large sized tactical-style bolt handle and bell
- High volume gas brake
- Massive two-lug bolt head
- Savage-style sliding extractor
- Plunger-style ejector
- Muzzle threaded 1-14 to accommodate common suppressor threading
- Black CeraKote final finish, Black Nitride base finish and Type III anodize finish
- Fully-Integrated Receiver: 4140 steel bar, hardened to +/- 42 R.C.
- Handguard: 7075 aluminum billet
- Bolt Head: 4340 steel bar, hardened to +/- 42 R.C.
- Bolt Handle Stem: 310 stainless steel
- Bolt Handle Grip: 6061 aluminum
- Brake: C12L14 steel
- Muzzle Thread: 1-14
- Hammer: 1018 steel, hardened to +/- 42 R.C.
- Steel finish: Black Nitride base finish with Graphite black CeraKote (H-series) final finish
- Aluminum finish: Type III hard coat anodize